We love when things are transparent and clear. You probably would not be surprised to hear this from us since we manufacture the world’s most transparent displays. But we also mean it as an organization. Open communication with our personnel and customers is essential at LUMINEQ.
As 2021 is coming to an end, we want to thank everyone who has helped us make the world more transparent – LUMINEQ people and our clients who embraced the magic of transparency into their products.
Messages from LUMINEQ president Petri Schroderus
The year 2021 has been fruitful despite material availability challenges. We saw a nice increase in order intake during 2021 and did our best to minimize the impact of global component shortage and ensure seamless supply to our customers.
Strategic focus and business status
Our focus in strategic areas vehicles (pro-HUD, CASE, and touch) and optical devices (reticles and night vision devices) is bearing fruit! The number of new customers is increasing; key projects are moving forward; some customers are expanding the use of LUMINEQ to more product lines. We eagerly expect more public references like Chengdu metro and Maglev train touch in the upcoming years.
We have developed our basic display technology further in many ways.
- Launched the water de-sensitive touch and transparent keypad.
- Made significant progress in increasing reliability through improved display structure and design rules.
- Created standard electronics with variants to meet the custom needs of different customers.
- Developed ultra-small driving electronics with low power consumption to support our customers with optical applications.
- Created new touch software and Lumineq Can protocol, with the first self-diagnostics features for laminated displays.
Commitment of LUMINEQ personnel
This year we granted "The Year Medal of Merit" to eight employees for their 25 years’ long and continuous service in the company. The commitment of our employees is crucial to our business. We are proud to have so many loyalty people as part of our work family. Read the news here.
More customer projects are in our pipeline. A few of them will reach mass production status in 2022. The new manufacturing equipment that we have been continuously investing in will ensure that we can deliver high-quality transparent displays for all our customers.
Wish you Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, and successful 2022!